Dental practices are neatly dividing into two camps. In one camp are the dental offices that are THRIVING. In the other camp are dental offices that are struggling. One of the main factors differentiating the two camps is that dental offices that are THRIVING have figured out how to consistently attract quality new patients in any economy. Gary has coined the term ‘Digital Marketing’ to define how dentists can use 21st Century technology as part of their comprehensive marketing plan. This Digital Marketing really is the new frontier that Dentists must master if they are to thrive today. This show addresses this topic with a special guest who is an authority on mobile technology. This topic is critically important and we are so were were fortunate to have Al Ferretti as our special guest on this show to help you understand and master the world of mobile marketing.
Mobile marketing is such a cool subject because we all have user experience. I would confidently make an educated guess that nearly every listener of this show uses a smart phone, likely an iPhone or android-driven phone. Think how invaluable that device is in your life! It is way more than a phone. It is essentially a computer in your pocket. In this show, Al helps you understand why mobile marketing is so important and how you can use this new technology to market your practice to attract the right new patients. Al also discusses how to use mobile with your existing patients as a powerful interactive tool. You are in for a real treat with our content today! With over 16 years of experience as an internet marketing specialist, Al brings a wealth of knowledge and experience to our conversation.
Five reasons to go mobile 1. Explosion of smart phone users vs. Computer users 5-1.
2. People that use mobile devices are searching. 30% of searches are done from a mobile device. 90% of mobile users have used their phone for a local search.
3. Mobile users take action. 44% of users who conducted a search on their mobile device and contacted the service took action.
4. Mobile friendly web sites load six times faster than a traditional site.
5. Improves your search ranking.
We all know how much influence the media has on consumers and today we have #1 producer of the most watched cable health TV show in the world as our special guest. Randy Alvarez has directed and produced over 1,100 television health care documentaries in his career. His health care news shows have become a platform for dentists to discuss breakthroughs in their topic area in the communities they serve. Randy’s shows reach over 60 million homes in the US and Canada. There is literally nobody with more experience than Randy on the topic of how to become THE most recognized dental authority in your town.
Randy has provided media training to some of the most influential healthcare providers in the world. Randy discusses how to become a positive person of influence in your own practice. He shares some amazing tips and techniques that will help you design a case presentation that is impossible to refuse. There are many elements of a successful case presentation and Randy helps you understand these elements so that you become more effective with your patients. The end result will be that more of your patients will say yes to your treatment recommendations and your practice will THRIVE as a result.
Clinical Mastery is a requirement to having a Thriving practice. You simply must have the skills to deliver excellent clinical care. It’s important to pick your mentors carefully and today it has become difficult to find educators that have research and background to have command of their subject manner, and can present it in an interesting and entertaining manner. Dr. Hornbrook is precisely that clinician! Dr. Hornbrook is a prolific researcher and materials enthusiast and his warm and engaging style has made him one of dentistry’s most popular speakers.
Gary answers a ton of listener questions about his past show guests.
1. Gary, in your interview with Dr. Pitts on Dentistry as a Team Sport, he mentioned that you have monthly team meetings and also quarterly team meetings. Can you share the format for these meetings?
2. Dr. Pitts talked about how his office uses two-way radios for intra-office communication. Do you recommend this for all your clients?
3. Dr. Brady talked about how she uses four digital photos with her new patients and I read in your blog that you use 6 photos in your office. Can you define the six photos you use?
4. Dr. Brady talked about how she prints the photos four up to a page and gives them to her patients. Should we be printing our photos?
5. Fred Joyal emphasized the importance of seeing new patients within a day or 2 of their first call. How can we do this when I am scheduled out about 1-2 weeks in advance?
6. Fred talks about the telephone as the most important piece of equipment in the office & I agree. Can you offer telephone tips for the new patient call?
7. Jack Hadley really helped me understand how I might use social media. How much time should I devote to this project to keep it manageable?
8. Gary, can you give me some examples of how you are using social media in your practice?