If you are regular reader of this blog you know that I am passionate about dentistry and that I have a optimistic perspective on the future of our profession. We just completed our best year in history in my dental practice and plan on making 2013 better yet!
Why am I so bullish on dentistry? Many reasons, but two come immediately to mind. 1) More than 50% of the adult population are not currently visiting the dentist and 2) People are more interested in health & wellness than ever!
Here are 10 simple things you can do NOW that will make a huge difference in your practice the entire year:
- Embrace whitening by offering chairside, take home and OTC solutions
- Take digital photos on new patients for patient education
- Join the Eco Dentistry Association (http://www.ecodentistry.org/)
- Get a mobile website (www.makingmobi.com)
- Decorate your office with beautiful ‘After’ photos of actual patients
- Make mouth guards for your local High School Football Team as a marketing/community service project
- Plan an international trip with your Team to provide relief dentistry for those in need (fund it by working some ‘extra’ days in your own office)
- Commit to the Nine Habits of a Happy Dental Professional (http://www.heartyoursmile.co.uk/dental-home/)
- Become a member of the American Academy of Oral Systemic Health (http://www.aaosh.org/)
- Sign your office manager/admin team members up as members of the American Association of Dental Office Managers (http://www.dentalmanagers.com/)
As we begin 2013 my wish for you is that you are prosperous in the traditional sense but also in ways that cannot be measured in money! Here’s to making 2013 your best year yet! Keep Smiling!