There are many successful practice models today in dentistry including solo private practice, multi-office DSO group and large single location practice to name three successful models.
In this Thriving Dentist Show Gary invited his friend Stacy Aldmeyer to talk about lessons from a successful large private group practice. Stacy is the COO of Family First Dental, with 32 locations and 230 Team Members. Family First Dental is owned by their founding Dentist and they are doing many things well that can be successfully applied by our listeners.
In this interview Gary and Stacy discuss;
- benefits of practicing in small, rural towns,
- how some towns have provided financial incentives for Family First Dental to open a dental office,
- tips for attracting and keeping the best possible Team Members,
- Stacy’s principle of hire, train and trust,
- how to encourage a perspective of lifelong learning among dental Team Members
- and the importance of recognition (emotional and financial) in attracting and retaining a great Team.
Stacy offers a wealth of experience that you can apply to your practice model!
Links for ‘Let’s Ask David’ segment with Dr. David Hornbrook: