Cannabidoil (CBD)is a phytocannabinoid discovered in 1940. It is one of some 113 identified cannabinoids in cannabis (marajuana) plants and accounts for up to 40% of the plant’s extract.
As of 2018, preliminary clinical research on cannabidiol included studies and successful applications in treating anxiety, cognition, movement disorders and pain management.
Gary invited his friend Dr. Paul Henny as a Guest on this Thriving Thriving Dentist Show to discuss the possible applications of CBD Oil in dentistry.
In this Show, Gary and Paul discuss;
- Paul’s experience in using CBD Oil in his practice,
- the endocannabinoid system and what it does in humans,
- how CBD Oil interacts with the endocannabinoid system,
- the role of receptor sites in the application of CBD Oil,
- how serotonin levels are impacted by CBD Oil,
- the lymbic system and how CBD Oil cams down the lambic system,
- possible dental applications of CBD Oil including treatment of anxiety, cognition, movement disorders and pain management,
- differences in the quality of CBD Oil,
- the book The Road to Anada as an excellent resource to learn more about the endocannabinoid system,
- possible future dental applications of CBD Oil in dentistry.
You will find this interview to be fascinating and may discover useful applications of CBD Oil as another way to serve specific patients in your practice.
Links for the ‘Let’s Ask David’ segment with Dr. David Hornbrook:
Link to the iLoveDentistry Facebook Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/iLovedentistry.online/
NOTE: This is a Closed Group, however click request to join and let us know that heard about this Group from the Thriving Dentist Show Podcast and you’ll be admitted!
Amazon link to the book; The Road to Anada http://bit.ly/RoadToAnada
Link to the Bob Barkley Study Club on FaceBook: http://bit.ly/BBSCFaceBookGroup
Paul’s website: www.codiscovery.com